The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, by Francis Scott Fitzgerald
- Minimum Requirements
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad., Requires iPhone OS 2.2 or later., iTunes account required
- Date added
- 21 May 2010
FREE FOR LIMITED TIME!
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
by Francis Scott Fitzgerald
This story was inspired by a remark of Mark Twain's to the effect that it was a pity that the best part of life came at the beginning and the worst part at the end. By trying the experiment upon only one man in a perfectly normal world I have scarcely given his idea a fair trial. Several weeks after completing it, I discovered an almost identical plot in Samuel Butler's "Note-books."
The story was published in "Collier's" last summer and provoked this startling letter from an anonymous admirer in Cincinnati:
I have read the story Benjamin Button in Colliers and I wish to say that as a short story writer you would make a good lunatic I have seen many pieces of cheese in my life but of all the pieces of cheese I have ever seen you are the biggest piece. I hate to waste a piece of stationary on you but I will."
Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald (September 24, 1896 - December 21, 1940) was an American Jazz Age author of novels and short stories. He is regarded as one of the greatest twentieth century writers. Fitzgerald was of the self-styled "Lost Generation," Americans born in the 1890s who came of age during World War I. He finished four novels, left a fifth unfinished, and wrote dozens of short stories that treat themes of youth, despair, and age.
Your Mobile Apps Inc. has developed the outstanding ebook reader for iPhone. It includes following features:
* Reading Anywhere - No internet needed
* Easy Navigation - Well organized chapters
* Customizable Reading Experience - Adjustable fonts, size, text and background colors
* Night Mode - For reading in dimly lit environments
* Bookmarks - Bookmark your favorites chapters and reading progress
* Restore Last View - When re-launched, you're returned to the exact location you were last at while reading
More and more features will be added into future updates.
CNET Australia is not responsible for the content of this Publisher's Description. We encourage you to determine whether this product or your intended use is legal. We do not encourage or condone the use of any software in violation of applicable laws. Any questions, complaints or claims related to any specific download should be directed to the relevant vendor.