Just upgraded to Vista and annoyed with quirks that Microsoft considers as "features"? Follow these handy tips to make your transition from XP painless.
- Disable User Account Control
- Change preinstalled Vista features
- Save searches
- Improve program access with Quick Launch
- Use ready boost to improve system performance
Tip 5: Use ReadyBoost to improve system performance
Have a spare flash drive sitting around? Vista lets you use it to speed up your computer.
- Attach a flash device (such as a USB thumb drive).
- When the AutoPlay window appears, click on "Speed up my system using Windows ReadyBoost".
- Click on the "Use this device" radio box.
- Click OK.